by Jenny Anderson, Triple Bypass Ride Director
Now that you have registered to do this challenging but scenic ride, here is want you got yourself into. Hopefully you will enjoy the Triple so much, you and your friends will make the Triple a July tradition. This is a huge milestone to ride the Triple and we will be supporting you all the way. Here are some things you can expect along Triple Bypass Ride:
• The volunteers will encourage you all the way! Volunteer organizations will be serving up food at the aid stations and mixing up CytoMax. Marshals will be guiding you on turns and encouraging you up the climbs. It’s been known a volunteer on Sunday hands out peppermint paddies midway on Squaw Pass – an extra boost up the final climb.
• Replenish and hydrate every 20 miles at the Aid Stations. Clif bars, CytoMax Energy Drink and good old fashion water will be available at all the Aid Stations to get you revitalized. Loveland will be the lunch stop with turkey and ham sandwiches. A variety of other snacks and fruit will also be available at the Aid Stations.
• Support at on the Road – SAG Support – We have multiple vehicles with green flags attached to their rear window that will stop and give aid to you and /or your bike. They will drive you to the next aid station where we have mechanics and medical support.
• Luggage truck will transport one small bag to the finish area. Your bag can be dropped off at the start line in Evergreen on Saturday morning and Avon on Sunday morning. We will have designated drop off areas at the parking lots in the morning. Your bag can be picked up at the finish line and you can change into clean, dry clothes.
• Bus transportation back to Evergreen: We suggest staying over night at the Beaver Creek Resort Properties on Saturday night and included in the price of your accommodations is a complimentary bus ride back to Evergreen at 10:00am on Sunday. Otherwise, you can pay $85 for a bus ride back to Evergreen on Saturday night at 7:00pm. Stay the night in Avon – you deserve it!
• Seminars and Triple parties where you can ask questions and talk to experienced Triple riders. Our Training partners will be available to suggest training schedules and nutrition tips. Sample some of the sponsor products. Find out what to wear and bring with you on the bike. Mingle and enjoy a Colorado Native beer with fellow Triple riders.
• Training rides prior to the Triple. Meet some cyclists who have completed several Triple Bypasses. Pedal up the mountain passes so you know what to expect. Join in the fun of Team Evergreen Cycling with others who share your same passion.
For more information on logistics, lodging, merchandise, transportation and much more- go to www.triplebypass.org. Additional email blasts will be sent out to the registered riders regarding seminars, sponsors, training and nutritional tips, transportation and much more. Team Evergreen Cycling is there to support you all the way!