- This event has passed.
Thursday MTB Throwdown
April 26, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
This week we will be riding Green Mountain
The weather Thursday is supposed to be in the mid 60’s with a 99% chance it won’t rain. We will pick a route in the parking lot. Bring Lights in case of a mechanical.
This is a SHOW AND GO ride. Meet up at the trailhead and go have fun. BYOB! We also do a little grilling in the lot after, so bring something to throw on the grill, if you like.
How we roll! We will break into a few different groups. Race pace group will ride out ahead of the rest (No Angry Strava Nazis!). Fun group will roll out and regroup at the intersections. Social group will ride at their own pace and may decide to change routes due to time restraints. Try to ride with someone new, or someone slow, or someone who has never been here before, or someone new to Mt. Biking. It’s getting dark around 7:15pm so you will want to Bring Lights just in case of a mechanical, in fact, go grab your lights and put them in the charger now so you don’t forget. Remember to practice trail etiquette and be nice to others. We will have a grill at Pedal Pushers so bring your Brats, Burgers, and jackets and chairs, or refreshments for enjoying after the ride.
We love our Thursday night tradition and want to keep it going for years to come. So we need to make sure we observe some common sense guidelines so that we don’t become a source of complaints to park officials. We don’t know of any complaints to date so let’s keep it that way!
– We are guests at the park. Even though we’re a big group, we don’t own the place.
– Share the trail and observe good trail etiquette. If you are new to riding, ask the ride leader for a quick primer!
– Don’t block traffic in the parking lot.
– Leave the park cleaner than when we arrived!
– Be welcoming and inclusive to strangers, and be respectful to other trail users (yes, even runners, hikers, fisherman and equestrians).