- This event has passed.
Thursday MTB Throwdown – Season Finale at Pedal Pushers
October 4, 2018 @ 5:15 pm - 7:00 pm
This week will be the last official ride of the season, so let’s party! Pedal Pushers in Golden will once again be hosting our end of season ride and party. Eric (like the coolest bike shop owner in town) has promised to have some great beers and at least one IPA on tap. Due to his liquor license restrictions we will not be able to BYOB. However if you want to eat something BRING YOUR OWN FOOD as Eric will be providing a grill for all of us to use. He will be having Happy Hour specials for our group including up to 20% off of accessories in the shop!! We will meet in the Pedal Pushers parking lot at 6th Ave. and Heritage Rd. at 5:15, and rolling out at 5:30. We will be riding Apex and determine the route based on the crowd and the weather. For more info about the ride, Google it! The weather on Thursday is supposed to be in the low 60’s with an 94% chance it won’t rain. Remember it may be raining where you are at, but dry where we are riding. Bring Lights in case of a mechanical.
This is a SHOW AND GO ride. Meet up at the trailhead and go have fun. This is a BYOB and food ride! So if you want to have a beer and eat something, bring it.
When we return from the ride, please take a minute to police the parking lot area for garbage left by others. Let’s give back to the parks and leave them a little cleaner than when we arrived!
How we roll! We will break into a few different groups. Race pace group will ride out ahead of the rest (No Angry Strava Nazis!). Fun group will roll out and regroup at the intersections. Social group will ride at their own pace and may decide to change routes due to time restraints. Try to ride with someone new, or someone slow, or someone who has never been here before, or someone new to Mt. Biking. It’s getting dark around 7:30 so you will want to Bring Lights just in case of a mechanical, in fact, go grab your lights and put them in the charger now so you don’t forget. Remember to practice trail etiquette and be nice to others. We may have grills in the parking lot for the after ride festivities. Bring your Brats, Burgers, and Beers, and jackets and chairs, or refreshments for enjoying after the ride. If the ride gets rained out we will visit a local brewery for libations.
We love our Thursday night tradition and want to keep it going for years to come. So we need to make sure we observe some common sense guidelines so that we don’t become a source of complaints to park officials. We don’t know of any complaints to date so let’s keep it that way!
– We are guests at the park. Even though we’re sometimes a big group, we don’t own the place.
– Share the trail and observe good trail etiquette. If you are new to riding, ask the ride leader for a quick primer!
– Don’t block traffic in the parking lot.
– Ride leaders will provide trash bags, so be sure to use them. Please do not place trash on the ground even if you intend to pick it up later!
– To avoid attracting wildlife, throw peanut shells away in the trash bags and not on the ground.
– Be careful with glass containers (like your beer bottles).
– Leave the park cleaner than when we arrived!
– Be welcoming and inclusive to strangers, and be respectful to other trail users (yes, even runners, hikers, fisherman and equestrians).
Thanks everybody. See you at the trailhead!