- This event has passed.
Mt. Evans – CANCELLED DUE TO PREDICTED RAIN
June 17 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Forecast looks like an unpleasant ride both up and down. Let’s save Evans for another day.
Meet in the Bergen Park RTD lot and riding at 8:00 a.m. as it is critical to be off summit before afternoon storms, which are always expected. If weather is deteriorating before reaching summit, turn back. Ride down is difficult and tiring due to rough pavement. Best not to have tires over inflated (and tires will become harder as elevation is gained). Shorter options are to turn back from Summit Lake, or the Visitor Center, or Echo Lake Lodge. Carry clothing suitable for downhill riding in temperatures <50F, even on hot days, and carry rain gear.